In the latest Sponge Chat, I had the pleasure to sit down with ELT author, trainer, materials writer, content creator and, of course, teacher, John Hughes. I am sure that all of you have probably heard or worked with John’s materials or book before, or perhaps even taken on one of his courses. You might also remember that I reviewed his book, A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT, some time ago – well worth the read!
John was kind enough to share his thoughts on teacher training and materials writing, two things he is very famous for. What was interesting about this Sponge Chat was that we also talked about training of materials writers, something we haven’t seen so far. I hope you all find this as insightful as I did.
As usual, there were also some book recommendations:
- ETpedia Teacher Training – Beth Melia-Leigh, Nicholas Northall
- Live Online Teaching – Jill Hadfield, Lindsay Clandfield
- Training Foreign Language Teachers: A reflective approach – Michael J. Wallace
- Pilgrims Teacher Training Journal
- A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT – John Hughes
You might like to know that Pavilion have a sale on at the moment, right in time for Christmas 🙂 Make sure you check it out here!
I do hope you like this Sponge Chat. If you do, please be sure to give us a like, subscribe to the YouTube channel and share with your friends and ELT family 🙂